Using a rebuildable atomizer comes with loads of advantages. It allows you to save money by creating your own coils while enabling you to experiment with a wide range of unique coil configurations. Plus, this type of atomizer allows you to understand vaping technology on a whole new level.
However, when it comes to changing your e-liquid, things aren’t quite as simple as they are when using a conventional sub-ohm tank. While sub-ohm tanks allow you to simply throw out the coil, rinse out the glass and refill, rebuildable atomizers require a bit more care.
The good news is that it’s fairly easy to change your e-juice while using a rebuildable atomizer. The key is eliminating any trace of liquid that’s left behind before you add your new flavor. As you’ll see, this process varies depending on whether you’re using an RDA, an RBA or an RTA.
An RDA is made for dripping, so it doesn’t require a ton of effort in order to try a new e-liquid flavor. And because of the nature of RDAs, all that you have to do is simply remove the cotton wick as it’s saturated in the previous e-liquid. This will ensure that you don’t taste any of the old e-liquid while trying to enjoy a new flavor.
Sometimes, little cotton fibers will be clinging to the coil after you’ve removed the wick. These fibers will indeed affect the flavor of your new e-liquid. Luckily, getting rid of them simply requires that you fire your device a couple of times at a low wattage in order to burn them away.
Because an RTA has a juice well, you’re going to need to put just a little more effort into ridding it of traces of e-liquid. This type of atomizer closely resembles a standard sub-ohm tank; hence the cleaning techniques aren’t that different.
- Just like you would with an RDA, completely remove the cotton from the atomizer. The cotton is still saturated in your last e-liquid, meaning that it will affect the flavor of your new juice.
- Then, burn off any remaining cotton fibers by firing your device at a low wattage a couple of times.
- Next, take apart the tank and gently run each piece under water for a few seconds. To ensure that no traces of e-liquid are left behind, smell each piece of the tank in order to make sure that you can’t detect the scent of your last e-liquid’s flavor.
- Finally, carefully dry each piece off and reassemble your atomizer.
An RBA is unique in that it allows you to use conventional, pre-built coils while featuring a build deck so that you can make your own. When it comes to changing e-liquid with an RBA, the process is exactly the same as cleaning an RTA.
- Remove the cotton piece
- Burn off excess cotton
- Give each component a good rinse.
- Put your atomizer back together and you’re good to go.
Something to Keep in Mind
Many vapers experience some despair at the thought of throwing out a piece of cotton that they’ve only just installed. If you hate the idea of wasting money, consider saving your cotton wicks for the next time that you will be using that same vape flavor.
Atomizer Cleanliness is Key
In order to truly enjoy the flavor of your new e-liquid, make sure that you thoroughly rid your atomizer of traces of old liquid.